Apple Bundt Cake
A sweet and delicate cake with a unique look, feel and taste.
- 2 ½ Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsps Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter – Melted
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 6-10 Whole Apples – Peeled & Diced
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ Cup Thickened Cream
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar
- 1 Handful Chopped Pecans – For Garnishing
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar and eggs. Whisk until all combined.
- In a smaller bowl mix all the dry ingredients and slowly fold them into the wet ingredients using a spatula to mix really well.
- Grease a non-stick bundt tin and set aside.
- Fold through your diced apples into the batter mix and place into greased bundt tin.
- Place into oven on 180°C (356°F) for approximately 45 minutes or poke with a skewer and check for a clean return.
- Once the cake is cooked, set aside and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes, in this time get a start on the caramel glaze.
- In a saucepan add the butter, sugar and cream and mix well till all combined.
- Whisk through the icing sugar until there are no visible lumps. Sprinkle in your salt and pour over the cake right after.
- Crush pecans and pour atop the glazed cake then sprinkle icing sugar to finish off the look.