Basil Pesto Fettuccine
A fragrant and heart pasta dish worth your time.
- Food Processor
- 1 Large Bunch Fresh Basil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Olive Oil – Extra Virgin
- ½ Cup Pine Nuts – Toasted
- 1 Pack Fresh Fettuccine Pasta
- Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- Place a large pot of water on high heat, sprinkle a generous amount salt and allow to come to a boil.
- In the meantime using a small saucepan lightly toast the pine nuts with no oil and then set aside.
- In a food processor add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, handful of Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil and blitz for 30 secs.
- Add another handful of Parmesan cheese into the processor and stir through. Adjust the measurements according to your preference. And then set aside.
- Once the pasta water has come to a boil, add your fresh pasta into the water and cook according to packet directions, usually 3 mins.
- NOTE – Do not use a colander or strainer to ensure that the starchy liquid remains in the pasta. Rather, using tongs add the pasta into the serving dish as required.
- Add the home made pesto, salt and pepper, and olive oil. Mix through. Keep in mind to add some more starchy liquid to add moisture.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.