Beef & Mushroom Pie
Simple in design but complex in flavour. This pie is great for lunch or dinner and is hearty.
- Pie Dish
- 1 kg Mince Beef
- 1 Packet Puff Pastry
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper – Season To Taste
- 1 Whole Onion – Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Whole Egg – Beaten
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil -Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp Pepper Gravy Powder
- 1 Tbsp Traditional Gravy Powder
- 1 Cup Boiled Water
- 25 g Unsalted Butter
- Add skillet onto stove with a medium heat.
- Drizzle olive oil in and add diced onions, crushed garlic and sliced mushroom and sauteè till fragrant.
- Add mince meat and mix through the mixture.
- Add the fresh thyme and rosemary along with the paprika and season to your liking with the salt & pepper.
- Dissolve both gravy powders together with the cup of boiled water.
- Starting with half a cup, pour the gravy mix into the skillet over the meat filling.
- Grease the pie dish with the unsalted butter and line with a layer of pastry.
- Ladle in some meat & gravy filling before closing it with another layer of pastry.
- Brush top of pie with egg wash.
- Place into oven on 180°C (356°F) for approximately 15-20 minutes or till top is golden brown.