Tangy and Delicious, this take on the traditional hummus is a must try!
- Food Processor or Blender
- 2 Whole Beetroots
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Pinch Salt – To Taste
- 1 Splash Water – For Consistency
- 1 Cup Chick Peas – Cooked
- Roast beetroots till soft and tender.
- Chop into chunks and place into blender or processor.
- Add all ingredients into blender or processor with the beetroots.
- Mix well and season with salt to taste. May need more lemon juice & tahini if not tangy enough.
- Add water to help thin the mixture to your desired consistency.
A quicker way to make this recipe is to use pre-peeled and prepared beetroots from your local grocer or supermarket and peeled and canned chick peas.