Cheats Koosa Bi Laban (Zucchini In Yogurt)
A deconstructed version of Koosa Bi Laban, A traditional Lebanese dish.
- 8-10 Whole Large Zucchini's – Chopped
- 1 Bulb Garlic – Crushed
- 1½ Tbsp Dried Mint
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 L Goat Yogurt
- 500 g Lamb Mince
- 3 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Arabian Seven Spices
- In a large pot, empty the bottle of goat yogurt, then fill the bottle half way with water and empty it out again into the pot.
- Using a whisk stir through the water and place onto a medium heat to slowly bring to a boil.
- Once the goat yogurt has come to a boil, lower the heat and add in the chopped zucchini.
- In the mean time, fry off the lamb mince and season with the Arabian seven spices and salt to taste. Mix through the pine nuts. Once cooked turn off the heat and set aside.
- -Optional- Fry off the garlic and mint together in a small saucepan and pour over the zucchini and goat yogurt mix. -Optional-
- Add the crushed garlic and mint directly in to the large pot. Stir through and season with salt.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat for approximately 40 mins or until the zucchini has softened.
- -Optional- Mix the lamb mince through the yogurt. -Optional-
- Serve with a side of Lebanese egg noodle rice and top with the meat mixture.