Cheesy Steak Subs
Juicy strips of steak in your choice of bread roll and accompanied by cheese. Yum!
- 500 g Rump Steak – Thinly Sliced
- 500 g Round Steak – Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Knob Unsalted Butter
- 6 Whole Bread Rolls – Your Choice of Style
- 6 Slices Smokey Cheese – American or Cheddar
- 1 Whole Green Capsicum – Sliced
- 1 Whole Red Capsicum – Sliced
- 1 Whole Yellow Capsicum – Sliced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms – Sliced
- 1 Whole Large Onion – Sliced
- Sriracha Sauce – Optional
- French American Mustard – Optional
- In a bowl, place the sliced steak and coat with paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and 1½ Tbsp of olive oil. Mix through.
- In a skillet, heat a knob of butter and the remaining olive oil. Pre-heat oven for a future step at 180°C (356°F)
- Sauté the vegetables until soft and onions are translucent. Then set aside.
- In the same skillet and using a paper towel, clean off the surface area and heat a little more butter and cook off the steaks slices in small batches.
- Once the steak has changed colour, add some of the cooked vegetable mix. Mix together well, add a few slices of the smokey cheese and allow to melt. And then add the rest of the vegetables.
- Once the cheese has melted begin filling your bread rolls the mix.
- Wrap the filled bread rolls in foil and place into the preheated oven for approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the subs from the oven and squeeze some sriracha sauce and mustard to provide a beautiful blend and kick to the sandwich.