Cheesy Steak Subs
Juicy strips of steak in your choice of bread roll and accompanied by cheese. Yum!
- 500 g Rump Steak (- Thinly Sliced)
- 500 g Round Steak (- Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Knob Unsalted Butter
- 6 Whole Bread Rolls (- Your Choice of Style)
- 6 Slices Smokey Cheese (- American or Cheddar)
- 1 Whole Green Capsicum (- Sliced)
- 1 Whole Red Capsicum (- Sliced)
- 1 Whole Yellow Capsicum (- Sliced)
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (- Sliced)
- 1 Whole Large Onion (- Sliced)
- Sriracha Sauce (- Optional)
- French American Mustard (- Optional)
In a bowl, place the sliced steak and coat with paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and 1½ Tbsp of olive oil. Mix through.
In a skillet, heat a knob of butter and the remaining olive oil. Pre-heat oven for a future step at 180°C (356°F)
Sauté the vegetables until soft and onions are translucent. Then set aside.
In the same skillet and using a paper towel, clean off the surface area and heat a little more butter and cook off the steaks slices in small batches.
Once the steak has changed colour, add some of the cooked vegetable mix. Mix together well, add a few slices of the smokey cheese and allow to melt. And then add the rest of the vegetables.
Once the cheese has melted begin filling your bread rolls the mix.
Wrap the filled bread rolls in foil and place into the preheated oven for approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove the subs from the oven and squeeze some sriracha sauce and mustard to provide a beautiful blend and kick to the sandwich.