A mixture of elements give this dish depths of flavour.
- 1 kg Chicken Breast Fillets
- 3 x 600 ml Thickened Cream
- 2 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Mushrooms – Sliced
- 1 Whole Onion – Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 250 g Beef Rashers – Sliced
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Pepper Gravy Powder – Dissolved
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose Seasoning
- Coat a baking dish and the chicken fillets with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and the all purpose seasoning on the chicken.
- (Perform Step 4 during Step 3) Cover and place in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 12 mins. Then again for an extra 9 mins whilst uncovered right after till cooked through.
- In a skillet add a little olive oil and prepare to sauté. Add the garlic, onion and mushroom. Once garlic is fragrant add the rashers, sun dried tomatoes and peas. Mix through and then add mustard and continue mixing.
- Pour thickened cream and stir well. Add the pepper gravy to help thicken the cream. Season and adjust to your desired taste.
- Once step 3 is complete proceed. Remove the chicken from the oven, add cream and allow to simmer so that the chicken absorbs the flavour from the cream.
Serve with a side of vegetables, rice or potato mash.