A unique take on the classic chicken parmigiana.
- 1 kg Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 Whole Eggplant – Thinly Sliced
- 1 Whole Large Onion – Finely Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Italian Herbs
- 3 Tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Basil – Roughly Chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Sprig Parsley – Finely Chopped
- 1 Knob Unsalted Butter
- 1 Bunch Asparagus Stalks – Whole
- 1 Cup Mushrooms – Whole
- Place the bread crumbs into a bowl and add salt & pepper, some of the chopped parsley and some of the Parmesan cheese.
- Add your eggs into a separate bowl and mix, making an egg wash.
- Evenly coat your chickens one by one in the egg mix and then again coat into the breadcrumb mix.
- (Perform Step 5 about the same time) In a hot pan melt some butter and begin to cook your chicken fillets.
- In another pan, heat up some olive oil and begin to sauté your garlic and onions till the onions are translucent.
- Place all of your sauces and all of the dried herbs together with the garlic and onions and allow to simmer on a low heat.
- Once the chicken is complete begin to construct the pattern into a bake proof tray. Add each chicken slice side by side topped with slices of eggplant.
- (Perform Step 9 during the cooking process) Pour sauce over and sprinkle some cheese on top. Place in the oven for 20 mins at 180°C (356°F) or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Add some butter into a hot pan and begin to sauté your mushrooms and asparagus. Season with salt & pepper.
- Once the chicken is done, it is time to serve. Add the mushrooms and asparagus atop of them and serve.
Goes well with a side of rice of your choosing, salad & garlic bread.