Chicken & Roast Pumpkin Salad
Delicious and filling with a variety of flavours.
- 500 g Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 Cloves Garlic (- Minced)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Lemon (- Juiced)
- 3 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Kale (- Chopped)
- 1 Cup Rocket Leaves
- 1 Cup Beetroot Leaves
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (- Diced)
- 1 Cup Yellow Baby Tomatoes (- Halved)
- 1 Whole Spanish Onion (- Sliced)
- 1 Whole Yellow Capsicum (- Finely Diced)
- 1 Whole Red Capsicum (- Finely Diced)
- 1 Handful Kalamata Olives
- 4 Boiled Eggs (- Quartered)
- ½ Sweet Potato (- Pre-roasted)
- ¼ Pumpkin (- Pre-roasted)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- ½ Cup Whole Egg Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Salt (- To Taste)
- Olive Oil (- To Taste)
In a bowl, combine the chicken and marinade ingredients. Mix well and cover. Place in the fridge for 1 hr prior to cooking.
In the meantime, roast your pumpkin and sweet potato. I drizzled them with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Roasting at 180°C (356°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or till soft is best.
Place a pan on the stove on a medium heat and drizzle some olive oil. Cook the tenderloins all the way through. Rest on a paper towel covered plate.
Boil eggs and prepare remaining salad vegetables.
Mix the ingredients together and adjust the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Once all of the components are cooked. Combine them together with the chicken and dress. Add salt & pepper and enjoy!