Chicken & Roast Pumpkin Salad
Delicious and filling with a variety of flavours.
- 500 g Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Lemon – Juiced
- 3 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Kale – Chopped
- 1 Cup Rocket Leaves
- 1 Cup Beetroot Leaves
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Cup Tomatoes – Diced
- 1 Cup Yellow Baby Tomatoes – Halved
- 1 Whole Spanish Onion – Sliced
- 1 Whole Yellow Capsicum – Finely Diced
- 1 Whole Red Capsicum – Finely Diced
- 1 Handful Kalamata Olives
- 4 Boiled Eggs – Quartered
- ½ Sweet Potato – Pre-roasted
- ¼ Pumpkin – Pre-roasted
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- ½ Cup Whole Egg Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Salt – To Taste
- Olive Oil – To Taste
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and marinade ingredients. Mix well and cover. Place in the fridge for 1 hr prior to cooking.
- In the meantime, roast your pumpkin and sweet potato. I drizzled them with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Roasting at 180°C (356°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or till soft is best.
- Place a pan on the stove on a medium heat and drizzle some olive oil. Cook the tenderloins all the way through. Rest on a paper towel covered plate.
- Boil eggs and prepare remaining salad vegetables.
- Mix the ingredients together and adjust the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once all of the components are cooked. Combine them together with the chicken and dress. Add salt & pepper and enjoy!