Chicken & Vegetable Soup
A soothing blend of vegetables and warm soup for any cold day.
- 1 Whole Leek – Thinly Sliced
- 4 Sticks Carrots – Diced
- 1 Whole Onion – Diced Into Chunks
- 4 Whole Potatoes – Diced Into Chunks
- 1 Stalk Celery – Finely Sliced
- 1 kg Chicken Breast
- 1 Bag Egg Noodles – Crushed
- 2 Tbsp Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
- 1 L Chicken Stock
- 1 Sprig Fresh Parsley – For Garnish
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Knob Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Piece Ginger – Small & Finely Diced
- In a large pot heat a little bit of olive oil and place all of your prepped vegetables along with the garlic and ginger and allow to sauté for a few minutes.
- Add a knob of butter and stir through the vegetables.
- Place the chicken into the pot whilst stirring and allow to cook through.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the dried thyme.
- Crush the egg noodles and sprinkle them over the chicken and vegetables and stir for a couple of minutes before adding the chicken stock.
- Top up the pot with water and add in the vegeta stock powder.
- Tweak the measurements according to your preference and adjust till it is to your liking.
- Allow the soup to simmer on low for approximately 45 mins to 1 hr or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pot and place into a plate and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Once completed place the chicken back into the pot and stir.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Served with a squeeze of lemon and some crusty bread is optimal.