Chicken & Vegetable Soup
A soothing blend of vegetables and warm soup for any cold day.
- 1 Whole Leek (- Thinly Sliced)
- 4 Sticks Carrots (- Diced)
- 1 Whole Onion (- Diced Into Chunks)
- 4 Whole Potatoes (- Diced Into Chunks)
- 1 Stalk Celery (- Finely Sliced)
- 1 kg Chicken Breast
- 1 Bag Egg Noodles (- Crushed)
- 2 Tbsp Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
- 1 L Chicken Stock
- 1 Sprig Fresh Parsley (- For Garnish)
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Knob Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic (- Crushed)
- 1 Piece Ginger (- Small & Finely Diced)
In a large pot heat a little bit of olive oil and place all of your prepped vegetables along with the garlic and ginger and allow to sauté for a few minutes.
Add a knob of butter and stir through the vegetables.
Place the chicken into the pot whilst stirring and allow to cook through.
Season with salt and pepper and add the dried thyme.
Crush the egg noodles and sprinkle them over the chicken and vegetables and stir for a couple of minutes before adding the chicken stock.
Top up the pot with water and add in the vegeta stock powder.
Tweak the measurements according to your preference and adjust till it is to your liking.
Allow the soup to simmer on low for approximately 45 mins to 1 hr or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pot and place into a plate and use two forks to shred the chicken.
Once completed place the chicken back into the pot and stir.
Turn off the heat and sprinkle the fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Served with a squeeze of lemon and some crusty bread is optimal.