Coconut Prawn Curry
Juicy Prawns In A Creamy Coconut Curry
- 1 kg Prawns – Deveined
- 1 Large Onion – Finely Diced
- 2 Cups Mushrooms – Quartered
- 1 Red Capsicum – Finely Sliced
- 1 Can Coconut Cream
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger – Grated
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Finely Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Stalk Spring Onion – Finely Sliced for Garnish
*Note* – To Thicken The Sauce, Dissolve 2 Tbsp Corn Flour In 1 Cup Cold Water
- In a skillet heat a little oil and sauté the onions until fragrant. Mix in the capsicum, mushrooms and sliced garlic and continue to sauté till slightly softened.
- Stir in the crushed garlic, ginger and spices and mix well.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, coconut cream and lime juice, mix and season to taste.
- Add in the prawns and allow to simmer until prawns have changed colour.
- To thicken the sauce, gradually pour in the corn flour mix until it is at a consistency that you prefer.
- Serve with rice and garnish with the finely sliced spring onion.