Coconut Prawn Curry
Juicy Prawns In A Creamy Coconut Curry
- 1 kg Prawns (- Deveined)
- 1 Large Onion (- Finely Diced)
- 2 Cups Mushrooms (- Quartered)
- 1 Red Capsicum (- Finely Sliced)
- 1 Can Coconut Cream
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper (- To Taste)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (- Grated)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (- Finely Sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (- Crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Stalk Spring Onion (- Finely Sliced for Garnish)
*Note* – To Thicken The Sauce, Dissolve 2 Tbsp Corn Flour In 1 Cup Cold Water
In a skillet heat a little oil and sauté the onions until fragrant. Mix in the capsicum, mushrooms and sliced garlic and continue to sauté till slightly softened.
Stir in the crushed garlic, ginger and spices and mix well.
Pour in the crushed tomatoes, coconut cream and lime juice, mix and season to taste.
Add in the prawns and allow to simmer until prawns have changed colour.
To thicken the sauce, gradually pour in the corn flour mix until it is at a consistency that you prefer.
Serve with rice and garnish with the finely sliced spring onion.