Creamy Mushroom Chicken & Prawns
A great hearty meal with a unique blend of flavours that are sure to tantalize.
- 1 kg Chicken Breast Fillets
- 300 g Uncooked Prawns – Tails Intact
- 6-8 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 3 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Punnet Mushrooms – Sliced
- 4 Sticks Large Carrots – Cut Into Mini Sticks
- 1 Bunch Shallots – Thinly Sliced
- 1 Whole Large Onion – Finely Diced
- 1 Bag Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 2 x 600 ml Thickened Cream
- In a bowl, marinate your prawns using half of the crushed garlic, 1.5 Tbsp of mustard, salt & pepper, chili flakes & olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 45 mins to 1 hr.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper and evenly coat both sides with plain flour.
- In a skillet heat a little olive oil, and cook the chicken. Once cooked, set aside.
- In the same skillet, add some more oil and cook your prawns till slightly orange in colour. Once cooked, set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining garlic and vegetables and sauté till fragrant. Once they are, add mustard followed by the cream and parsley and season.
- Add the chicken and prawns and stir well. Cover and allow to simmer for approximately 10 to 12 mins. Once the cream has thickened turn off the heat.
- Garnish with some parsley and serve.
Serve with Home Made Mashed Potato, Rice or Vegetables.