Creamy Mushroom Chicken & Prawns
A great hearty meal with a unique blend of flavours that are sure to tantalize.
- 1 kg Chicken Breast Fillets
- 300 g Uncooked Prawns (- Tails Intact)
- 6-8 Cloves Garlic (- Crushed)
- 3 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Punnet Mushrooms (- Sliced)
- 4 Sticks Large Carrots (- Cut Into Mini Sticks)
- 1 Bunch Shallots (- Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Whole Large Onion (- Finely Diced)
- 1 Bag Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper (- To Taste)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley (- Chopped)
- 2 x 600 ml Thickened Cream
In a bowl, marinate your prawns using half of the crushed garlic, 1.5 Tbsp of mustard, salt & pepper, chili flakes & olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 45 mins to 1 hr.
Season the chicken with salt & pepper and evenly coat both sides with plain flour.
In a skillet heat a little olive oil, and cook the chicken. Once cooked, set aside.
In the same skillet, add some more oil and cook your prawns till slightly orange in colour. Once cooked, set aside.
In the same skillet, add the remaining garlic and vegetables and sauté till fragrant. Once they are, add mustard followed by the cream and parsley and season.
Add the chicken and prawns and stir well. Cover and allow to simmer for approximately 10 to 12 mins. Once the cream has thickened turn off the heat.
Garnish with some parsley and serve.
Serve with Home Made Mashed Potato, Rice or Vegetables.