Dela3 Wu Riz (Chicken & Rice Soup)
Hearty and great for the flu season, plenty of warmness and tangy lemon flavour.
- 4 PCs Chicken Wings
- 4 PCs Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 PCs Chicken Legs – With The Bone
- 1 PC Chicken Breast
- 2 L Chicken Stock – Or 4 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 4 Whole Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Arabian Seven Spices
- 3 Whole Lemons – Juiced
- Salt – To Taste
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- Clean and prepare chickens and then cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Coat the chickens with the Arabian Seven Spices and salt.
- In a large pot heat a little oil, place chicken in batches and keep turning till outsides are a little golden. Don’t cook them for too long so they do not dry up.
- Remove chickens once golden and place into a tray lined with paper towels to drain. Repeat till all the chickens are done.
- In the same pot, add the flour and stir with the existing oil until it changes to a yellow/reddish colour. Once this occurs add your stock, bay leaves and chicken.
- Add the lemon juice into the pot and a little more salt.
- Allow to simmer for 2 hrs. Keep testing the chickens tenderness. It should reach a fall off the bone stage. Make sure the chicken is cooked through and taste the broth as you go.
- Serve with egg noodle rice, squeeze some lemon on top and indulge.