Lahmeh Bi 3ajin (Meat Pastry)
A Lebanese delight. Small in size but packs a delicious crunch.
- 1 kg Lamb Mince
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- Pomegranate Molasses – To Taste (If You Like Tang Be Generous)
- 1 Tbsp Arabian Seven Spices
- 2 Whole Onions – Diced
- 2 Bunches Parsley – Chopped
- 1 Bunch Mint – Chopped
- ½ Cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Pack Puff Pastry – Cut Into Four Pieces
- Preheat the oven at 170°C (338°F).
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and add your lamb mince and break it apart.
- Add your onions, parsley and mint and allow to sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Season with salt and your Arabian seven spices.
- Add tahini, splash of white vinegar and a generous amount of pomegranate molasses.
- Keep tasting and tweaking to acquire your personal desired taste.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the pieces of puff pastry inside. Add some of the mix in the center of each one, leaving the outer edges empty.
- Top with pine nuts and place into the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden.
Is delicious with fresh mint, chopped tomatoes, pickled vegetables and some Greek yogurt. Together! Try it and thank me later. Enjoy!