Small and delicious. Great for parties and school lunches.
- 1 Pack Fresh Lasagna Sheets (- Alternatively Puff Pastry or Won Ton Wrappers)
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 1 Whole Onion (- Finely Diced)
- 1 Stick Carrot (- Finely Diced)
- 1 Whole Zucchini (- Finely Diced (Optional))
- 1 Whole Small Aubergine or Eggplant (- Finely Diced (Optional))
- 1 Handful Mushrooms (- Finely Diced (Optional))
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper (- To Taste)
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Dry Herbs
- 1 Sprig Fresh Basil (- For Garnishing)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (- Your Choice)
Preheat the oven 175°C (347°F), cut pastry/sheets lengthwise across to form two even sides. Place two pieces of pastry in each muffin cup. Allow excess pastry to hang over the edges for extra crunch.
In a pan, drizzle some olive oil and add your vegetables and meat. Stir together until the meat has been cooked through.
Add herbs and sauce and allow to simmer until thickened.
Once thick enough turn off the stove. Allow meat to rest a little cooking itself before adding a small amount into the muffin molds and sprinkle with cheese.
Place the trays into the preheated oven and allow further cook till the cheese has melted and pastry is golden crispy, approximately 15 mins.
Remove from the oven once satisfied or once 15 mins have passed. Allow to cool off for 5 mins more.
Add freshly chopped basil on top and serve.