Small and delicious. Great for parties and school lunches.
- Muffin Tins
- 1 Pack Fresh Lasagna Sheets – Alternatively Puff Pastry or Won Ton Wrappers
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 1 Whole Onion – Finely Diced
- 1 Stick Carrot – Finely Diced
- 1 Whole Zucchini – Finely Diced (Optional)
- 1 Whole Small Aubergine or Eggplant – Finely Diced (Optional)
- 1 Handful Mushrooms – Finely Diced (Optional)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Dry Herbs
- 1 Sprig Fresh Basil – For Garnishing
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese – Your Choice
- Preheat the oven 175°C (347°F), cut pastry/sheets lengthwise across to form two even sides. Place two pieces of pastry in each muffin cup. Allow excess pastry to hang over the edges for extra crunch.
- In a pan, drizzle some olive oil and add your vegetables and meat. Stir together until the meat has been cooked through.
- Add herbs and sauce and allow to simmer until thickened.
- Once thick enough turn off the stove. Allow meat to rest a little cooking itself before adding a small amount into the muffin molds and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the trays into the preheated oven and allow further cook till the cheese has melted and pastry is golden crispy, approximately 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven once satisfied or once 15 mins have passed. Allow to cool off for 5 mins more.
- Add freshly chopped basil on top and serve.