Lemon Pepper Steak
Tangy, creamy and full of flavour. This is a delicious take on pepper steak.
- 1 kg Steak or Chicken Fillets – Protein & Cut of Your Choosing
- 2 x 600 ml Thickened Cream Jars
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Pepper Herb Mix
- 1 tsp Arabian Seven Spices
- 1 Tbsp Vegeta Stock Powder
- 3 Cups Mushrooms – Sliced
- 7 Whole Small Chat Potatoes – Skin On & Quartered
- 5 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- In a bowl, coat the steak with half of all the seasonings and herbs.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet and lightly fry off a tsp of the crushed garlic and then add a batch of steak on top and sear.
- Cooking for a few minutes on each side, once the outside is brown set the steak aside on a plate and cover with foil.
- In the same skillet, add potatoes, remaining crushed garlic and the rest of the seasonings and herbs. Cook until slightly soft.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and mix well ensuring the spices and herbs have coated them.
- Return the steaks back into the skillet and pour the thickened cream over the steak and potatoes and cover the skillet. Place into oven on approximately 180°C (356°F) for 1 hr.
Can be served with either mashed potatoes or vegetable rice.