Lemon Pepper Steak
Tangy, creamy and full of flavour. This is a delicious take on pepper steak.
- 1 kg Steak or Chicken Fillets (- Protein & Cut of Your Choosing)
- 2 x 600 ml Thickened Cream Jars
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Pepper Herb Mix
- 1 tsp Arabian Seven Spices
- 1 Tbsp Vegeta Stock Powder
- 3 Cups Mushrooms (- Sliced)
- 7 Whole Small Chat Potatoes (- Skin On & Quartered)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (- Crushed)
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper (- To Taste)
In a bowl, coat the steak with half of all the seasonings and herbs.
Heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet and lightly fry off a tsp of the crushed garlic and then add a batch of steak on top and sear.
Cooking for a few minutes on each side, once the outside is brown set the steak aside on a plate and cover with foil.
In the same skillet, add potatoes, remaining crushed garlic and the rest of the seasonings and herbs. Cook until slightly soft.
Add in sliced mushrooms and mix well ensuring the spices and herbs have coated them.
Return the steaks back into the skillet and pour the thickened cream over the steak and potatoes and cover the skillet. Place into oven on approximately 180°C (356°F) for 1 hr.
Can be served with either mashed potatoes or vegetable rice.