Middle Eastern Mansaf Rice
A fragrant Middle Eastern dish with depth.
- 3 Cups Washed Rice – Of Your Choosing
- 2 tsp Mansaf Spices – Found At Your Local Middle Easter Grocer
- 1 Can Tomatoes – Chunks
- 1 Whole Onion – Finely Diced
- 1 tsp Arabian Seven Spices
- 1 tsp Curry Powder – Mild
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 4½ Cups Chicken Stock – You May Also Use Stock Cubes
- 4 Whole Bay Leaves
- ½ Cup Almonds – Slivered
- ⅓ Cup Pine Nuts
- Heat frying pan with ghee or olive oil and add your pine nuts, just before they turn brown add the slivered almonds and cook till golden brown.
- In a large pot, add a little olive oil and sauté the onions till soft and translucent.
- Add the can of tomatoes in and mix through with the onion.
- Add the washed rice and remaining herbs and stir.
- Pour in the stock and stir, bring to a boil and then cover on a low heat. Cook for approximately 15 mins or until the rice is cooked.
- Allow to rest off of the heat for 5 to 6 minutes whilst covered before serving.
This dish is dynamic in that it has many things to accompany it. For some added depth it is best served with your choice of either chunked or shredded chicken breast and topped with a mild to medium heated salsa sauce. The salsa is also found on my blog under Marinades & Sauces. Enjoy!