Mushroom & Spinach Risotto
A classic take on an earthy flavoured risotto.
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 1 L Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cups Mushrooms – Sliced And Of Your Choosing
- 3 Cups Spinach
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
- 1 Whole Lemon – Cut Into Wedges
- Heat some butter in a skillet and sauté your onion and half of your garlic until fragrant.
- Add the rice and stir coating it with the butter and garlic, doing so for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add one cup of stock and stir the rice gently. Once the stock has evaporated you should add another cup. Keep repeating this step for approximately 15 to 20 mins until the rice has become silky and creamy.
- In a separate skillet heat the remaining butter and garlic along with the sliced mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms have cooked through. Take off the heat and add in the spinach. Mix until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Once the risotto has cooked through take off heat and either mix through the spinach and mushrooms or place them on top of the risotto.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese over the top and serve immediately and serve with a wedge of lemon and some crusty baguette.