Mustard Chicken Provençal
A southern french dish with style.
- 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 Gloves Garlic – Crushed
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 kg Chicken Breast Fillets
- 600 ml Thickened Cream – Or Coconut Cream
- 1 Handful Spanish Stuffed Green Olives
- 1 Handful Black Kalamata Olives
- 2 Whole Red Onions – Sliced In Chunks
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Italian Herbs
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Sprig Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- ½ Cup Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- In a zip lock bag add the ingredients for the chicken marinade. Place the chicken into the bag and lock it up. Toss around to coat the chicken evenly.
- Place into the fridge for at least an hour before cooking. The longer the better. May also be frozen if prepping the meat for later.
- In an oven proof skillet heat a little olive oil and start to sear the chicken approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Once done, set aside.
- Pour chicken stock over the scrapings at the bottom of the skillet. Using a whisk while scraping the bottom stir vigorously. This will help in adding a heap of flavour to your sauce.
- Add in garlic, both the mustard sauces and stir well for a few minutes. Add in your onions and thyme and sauté for 2 mins. Don’t over soften the onions.
- Add olives and stir very well. Pour the cream and herbs and mix.
- Season with salt & pepper and add in your chicken. Cover and place into the oven for approximately 15 mins or until chicken is completely cooked through at 180°C (356°F).