Peanut Satay Chicken
Irresistibly creamy with a nutty hint.
- 1 kg Chicken Breast – Cut Into Strips
- 1½ Cups Natural Peanut Butter
- 5 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Small Piece Ginger – Grated
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce – Add To Taste
- 2 Whole Large Onions – Sliced
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Cup Snow Peas – Whole
- ½ Cup Corn Spears
- In a bowl pour the peanut butter, coconut milk, sweet soy sauce and chicken stock. Whisk until smooth.
- In a skillet add a little olive oil, and cook the chicken in batches. Set aside once cooked to rest.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic, onion, and ginger until softened and fragrant.
- Add in your snow peas and corn spears and really mix them well till covered with the sauce.
- Return the cooked chicken into the skillet and add spices. Mix well. Pour over the sauce mix very well and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 mins. If the consistency is too thick add a little water until it reaches your desired thickness.
Serve with your preference of rice or noodles. The choice is yours.