Prawn & Mussel Linguine
An aromatic, succulent and juicy mix of seafood flavours that will surely knock you off your feet.
- 500 g Mussels (- Cleaned & Washed)
- 500 g Prawns (- Tails Intact)
- 1 Jar Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 600 ml Thickened Cream
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Punnet Mushrooms (- Sliced)
- 1 Whole Spanish Onion (- Finely Diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (- Crushed)
- 1 Whole Small Red Chili (- Crushed With Garlic)
- ½ Cup Kalamata Olives (- Pitted)
- ½ Cup Cheery Tomatoes (- Whole)
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil (- Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Handful Fresh Parsley (- Chopped)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Italian Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Packet Fresh Linguine (- You Can Also Use Fettuccine)
Place a large pot of salted water on a high heat stove till the water reaches boiling point.
In the meantime, in a skillet or wok, heat a Tbsp of olive oil.
Sauté the minced garlic and chili with the mushrooms and onions.
Once fragrant, add the jar of pesto and stir well. Pour in the thickened cream, stirring really well and then add your tomato paste.
Add all of your herbs followed by the prawns and mussels.
Allow to simmer and cook until the prawns have turned orange and the mussel shells have opened.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add your olive and tomatoes to the fold.
Sprinkle fresh basil and stir well. Once the pasta water has come to a boil, carefully add the fresh pasta and cook as per packet instructions. I prefer Al Dente.
Drain and add the sauce. Coat the pasta really well by mixing it thoroughly.
Sprinkle some fresh parsley and enjoy!