Prawn & Mussel Linguine
An aromatic, succulent and juicy mix of seafood flavours that will surely knock you off your feet.
- 500 g Mussels – Cleaned & Washed
- 500 g Prawns – Tails Intact
- 1 Jar Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 600 ml Thickened Cream
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Punnet Mushrooms – Sliced
- 1 Whole Spanish Onion – Finely Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Whole Small Red Chili – Crushed With Garlic
- ½ Cup Kalamata Olives – Pitted
- ½ Cup Cheery Tomatoes – Whole
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil – Roughly Chopped
- 1 Handful Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Italian Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Packet Fresh Linguine – You Can Also Use Fettuccine
- Place a large pot of salted water on a high heat stove till the water reaches boiling point.
- In the meantime, in a skillet or wok, heat a Tbsp of olive oil.
- Sauté the minced garlic and chili with the mushrooms and onions.
- Once fragrant, add the jar of pesto and stir well. Pour in the thickened cream, stirring really well and then add your tomato paste.
- Add all of your herbs followed by the prawns and mussels.
- Allow to simmer and cook until the prawns have turned orange and the mussel shells have opened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add your olive and tomatoes to the fold.
- Sprinkle fresh basil and stir well. Once the pasta water has come to a boil, carefully add the fresh pasta and cook as per packet instructions. I prefer Al Dente.
- Drain and add the sauce. Coat the pasta really well by mixing it thoroughly.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley and enjoy!