Pumpkin & Chickpea Soup
Hearty with a whole lot of soul.
- ¼ Pumpkin – Chopped In Chunks
- 1 Sweet Potato – Chopped In Chunks
- 3 Potatoes – Chopped In Chunks
- 2 Carrots – Chopped In Chunks
- 1 Leek – Slice
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 2 Brown Onions – Chopped In Chunks
- 1 Can Chick Peas – Rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 3 Chicken Stock Cubes – Dissolved
- 1 L Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, heat a little bit of olive oil and add the sliced leek and onions. Sauté with the garlic until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the chopped vegetables and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock along with the chicken stock cubes dissolved in 3 cups of water. Throw in the bay leaves, dried parsley, chick peas and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer on low for 1½ hrs.
- Once ready, discard the bay leaves and using a food processor blitz the contents into your desired consistency.
Keep any leftover stock and freeze it for another day to add some intense flavour to any dish.