Pumpkin & Chickpea Soup
Hearty with a whole lot of soul.
- ¼ Pumpkin (- Chopped In Chunks)
- 1 Sweet Potato (- Chopped In Chunks)
- 3 Potatoes (- Chopped In Chunks)
- 2 Carrots (- Chopped In Chunks)
- 1 Leek (- Slice)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (- Crushed)
- 2 Brown Onions (- Chopped In Chunks)
- 1 Can Chick Peas (- Rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 3 Chicken Stock Cubes (- Dissolved)
- 1 L Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper
In a large pot, heat a little bit of olive oil and add the sliced leek and onions. Sauté with the garlic until fragrant.
Add the rest of the chopped vegetables and stir.
Add the vegetable stock along with the chicken stock cubes dissolved in 3 cups of water. Throw in the bay leaves, dried parsley, chick peas and season with salt and pepper.
Allow to simmer on low for 1½ hrs.
Once ready, discard the bay leaves and using a food processor blitz the contents into your desired consistency.
Keep any leftover stock and freeze it for another day to add some intense flavour to any dish.