Quinoa Stuffed Capsicums
A healthy and hearty dish that serves to please.
- 2 Capsicums – Halved
- 1 Cup Brown Rice – Cooked To Your Liking
- 1 Cup Quinoa – Cooked To Your Liking
- 1 Zucchini – Grated
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms – Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ Cup Grated Cheese
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet and sauté the garlic, onion and mushrooms until soft.
- During this time is best to cook the brown rice and quinoa according to their respective packet instructions.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes to the skillet along with the pine nuts. Stir well and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix through the cooked rice and quinoa in the sauce mix.
- Begin filling the halved capsicums and place onto a baking tray.
- Cover the tray with foil and place into the oven on 180°C (356°F) for 15 mins.
- Uncover and sprinkle some cheese on each capsicum half and place back into the oven until the cheese has melted and has a golden tinge.