Roasted Lamb Shanks With Gravy
Juicy Lamb Shanks With A Perfectly Creamy Gravy Friend
- 6 Lamb Shanks
- 2 Large Onions – Diced In Chunks
- 2 Large Potatoes – Diced In Chunks
- 1 Handful Mushrooms – Quartered
- 4 Large Carrots – Cut Into Chunks
- 1 Bulb Garlic – Halved
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Mixed Italian Herbs – Heaped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Garlic – Crushed
- 2 Large Chicken Stock Cubes
- 2 Large Beef Stock Cubes
- ½ Cup Plain Flour
- 100 ml Thickened Cream
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 L Boiled Hot Water
- 1 Knob Unsalted Butter
Lamb & Vegetables
- Season the lamb shanks with salt and peppers and place into an oven proof dish.
- Surround the lamb shanks with the cut vegetables and herbs.
- In a jug place the crushed garlic, onion powder and stock cubes followed by the boiled hot water and allow to dissolve.
- Once dissolved, pour over the lamb and vegetables.
- Cover with foil and place into the oven on 160°C (320°F) for approximately 4 hours.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sprinkle in the plain flour and cook for 1 minute or until combined.
- 10 minutes before the cooking time for the lamb shanks has ended, pour the liquid from the lamb dish into the saucepan and mix through with the melted butter and flour. Stir till thickened to your liking.
- Serve with mash potato or roasted vegetables along with crusty bread.