Satisfying on the palette and a great dish all day round.
- 1 Pack Spaghetti
- 1 kg Minced Beef
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 1 Whole Large Onion – Diced
- 3 Stalks Celery – Finely Diced
- 3 Sticks Carrot – Finely Diced
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil – Chopped
- 1 Handful Fresh Thyme
- 3 Leaves Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 Jars Tomato Passata
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper – To Taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onion, garlic, carrot and celery for a few minutes then add your mince and cook through.
- Add water to a separate pot and bring to a simmer on a stove top, then spread through pack of spaghetti until soft or 'al dente'.
- Add your dried herbs followed by 1 cup of stock and tomato paste to thicken.
- Pour in jars of tomato passata and diced tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix through fresh basil, allow to simmer for 5-8 mins.
Sauce Mixed Through Spaghetti
- Add spaghetti to sauce and mix through. Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
Sauce On Spaghetti
- Add spaghetti on to plate in a nest shape. Add large spoonful of sauce on top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add a leaf of basil on top for character and a kick of flavour.