Storage Is Where The Mess Is
I am sure in any home there is one room, the closet area, that becomes filled with clutter. Each time. Bringing on a feel of anxiety bordering on a nervous breakdown. Well, this closet or storage room of mind was an absolute nightmare before I organized it.
It is not the prettiest of rooms, but hey, if it is functional, I am happy.
Anyone that knows me well enough knows how much I am obsessed with all thing’s crafts, and DIY. I hoard laces and trimmings in boxes but decided that it was not practical and needed a change.
This is how my craft section looks. I would love to tweak it a little to make it prettier, but this will have to do for now. I am content at the moment.
It is hard taking a photo showing the entirety of the room. This is a frequently used section of the storage room. Below I will mention a few tips that I have used to help me achieve this.
- The best way to organize a closet or cupboard is firstly taking everything out.
- Before anything, spray and wipe all the shelves, doors, handles etc.
- Start sorting through your belongings and create piles for everything.
- Get rid of anything you no longer need, whether it be recycling, reusing, or giving it to good will.
- Section off your closet, for example:
- Home Décor
- Hardware & Tools
- Picnic Essentials
- Home & Garden Books/Magazines
- Sewing Essentials & Sewing Machine Items
- Craft & Gift Wrapping
- I have space bagged cushions and stored winter blankets into great storage cases.
- Place everything in a functional way so that they are easily accessible.
- Try to organize the accessibility by having your more frequently used items easier to reach than others.
- Label everything!
These steps are a start towards something grand. You now have a beautifully organized space and the feeling of being rewarded every time you enter it. Organization is about trying to be perfect in your mind in a logical sense to bring about a sense of efficiency, practicality, and structure.
It also serves to reduce stress with reducing clutter, save time and money, and improve your overall quality of life.
I really hope this guide helped and cannot wait to share more tips with you all in the future.
Much love and respect.