Summer Fruit Sponge Cake
A light and tropical-esque cake with a juicy sponge texture.
- 1 Packet Sponge Lady Fingers
- 1 Large Can Tropical Fruit Salad
- 1 Handful Mixed Berries & Fruit – Fruit Of Your Choice
- 1 Can Passion Fruit Pulp
- 600 ml Whipping Cream or Thickened Cream
- ⅓ Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, pour the cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract and whip until thick. Taste and adjust to your desired sweetness.
- In your chosen bowl or tray, outline the inner walls with a cut up fruit of your choosing. Using a clear glass dish will make it easier and look nicer.
- Separate the fruit juice from the fruit salad can. Pour juice into a bowl. With the sponge fingers dip into the fruit juice and start assembling the layers. Sponge fingers, fruit then cream. Rinse & Repeat.
- Once you are done, ensure the top layer is cream. This will be the landing pad for your garnish of delicious cut up fruits. Optionally you could sprinkle desiccated coconut to create a different look.
- Drizzle a little passion fruit pulp and you are ready to indulge in a beautiful and super easy dessert!