Sun Dried Tomato & Olive Pan Bread
A comforting dish that can be easily and quickly made to satisfy your hunger.
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 1½ Tbsp Dry Active Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 320 ml Water – Lukewarm
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese – Grated
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- 1 Sprig Rosemary – Leaves Plucked
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Handful Sun Dried Tomato Strips
- 1 Handful Kalamata Olives – Pitted
- 1 Handful Mushrooms – Sliced
- ½ Large Spanish Onion – Sliced
- In a large bowl pour the lukewarm water adding the sugar and yeast. Mix and allow the yeast to activate, forming a frothy layer on the surface.
- Once the yeast is ready and in the flour, oil, herbs, salt, baking powder, and cheese. Mix and combine well.
- If dough is too sticky add some more flour.
- Cover the bowl and allow to rest until doubled in size.
- Grease a pan after the dough has double in size and spread it inside evenly.
- Start topping the dough with olives, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and cheese.
- Scatter the rosemary leaves with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pour the sweet chili sauce and much as you would like.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) for approximately 30 mins or until the cheese has become golden.
- Serve and enjoy!