Vanilla & Rosewater Rice Pudding
Delicious, aromatic & sweet on the palette.
- 2 L Milk
- 2 Cups Medium Or Long Grain Rice – Washed
- ½ Cup Rosewater
- ½ Cup Orange Blossom
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Cups Sugar – Caster or Granulated
- 1 Handful Pistachios – Crushed
- In a large stock pot heat up the milk on low till near boiling. Keep stirring so that the milk does not over flow.
- Pour rice into the milk and keep stirring consistently till the rice is cooked through and soft.
- Once the rice has cooked through add the sugar and stir till dissolved. Follow by adding the cinnamon powder and continue stirring till dissolved through the milk.
- Add the vanilla essence and keep stirring till the pudding starts to thicken.
- Once it has thickened, add a splash of both the orange blossom water and the rose water.
- Return to stirring until it thickens up some more. Once it has reached a desired consistency turn the heat off.
- You can now pour it into bowls or cups, whichever you desire. You can also serve it warm or cold. Garish with pistachios and a drizzle of honey for some extra texture and sweetness. Enjoy!